HUMAN DRIVING MANIFESTO
1) We Are Pro-Human, in pursuit of life, liberty and freedom of movement, by any means that does not infringe upon the safety of others.
2) We Are Pro-Technology, but only as a means, not an end. Technology is only as good as our understanding of it, and an incremental approach will save more lives in the near and long term.
3) We Are Pro-Safety, through a combination of improved drivers education, deployment of Advanced Drivers Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Parallel automation.
4) We Support Raising Driver Licensing Standards. Driving is a privilege, not a right. Abuse it, lose it. Periodic retesting is essential.
5) We Support Defined Safety Standards & Transparency. "Safe" and "safer" must be defined, and claims by autonomous vehicle manufacturers and providers must be backed up by data shared publicly
6) We Are Pro-Steering Wheel. No vehicle should be deployed without a steering wheel.
7) We Are Pro-Choice and Pro-Life. Pro-Choice in how people get from A to B, Pro-Life in the deployment of safety technologies that both save lives and preserve freedom.
8) We Support Fairness and Due Process in the creation and enforcement of traffic laws. We are opposed to arbitrary traffic stops, unwarranted search and seizure, and incentive-driven speed and safety enforcement.
9) We Support Freedom of Movement and Traffic Neutrality, guaranteeing free and open access to all infrastructure regardless of income level, whether for human or self-driven cars, guaranteeing freedom of movement for all.
10) We Are Pro-Privacy. All connected services should be opt-in, not opt-out. All vehicles, whatever the level of automation, must be capable of operating completely independent of any communications network.
11) We Support Classification Standards For Autonomous Vehicles, clarifying safety capabilities and the replacement of the SAE automation levels with a system whose language allows for alternative human-centric R&D paths.
12) We Are Pro-Constitutional Amendment, creating a right to drive, within the limits of safety technologies that do not infringe upon our freedom of movement.